Thank you for choosing The Hanger! You must be excited about starting your new project, so let's just get on with it. It won't be long until you get it to the point when you can actually start working on your site. The following steps will get you there.
1. Get the Theme’s Files
Save the theme's files on your computer first. Navigate to the Downloads section in your Envato account, that's where all your purchases are kept, then click the green Download button to grab the theme, make sure you’re getting the “Installable WordPress file only”.
2. Upload and Activate the theme
Now that the theme's files are saved on your computer, you can log into WordPress administration dashboard to upload and install it.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes and click the “Add New / Upload Theme”
- Upload the file you’ve downloaded from ThemeForest in the previous step and click Install Now.
- Once the file has been uploaded click the Activate link.
3. The Setup Wizard
The theme comes with a setup wizard making it really easy to install the plugins coming with it and import the demo content in two simple steps. As soon as the theme is activated, the setup wizard will start automatically.
This is what you should be seeing on your screen:
Setup Wizard Step 1:
Setup Wizard Step 2:
You can start working on your site now
Good luck with your project!
Common Installation Issues:
- Missing style.css error when installing the theme
- Wordpress Error "Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again"